Monday, November 15, 2010

Merry Christmas!

Okay, so it's super early for Christmas, but Japan has been celebrating it for quite a while now. And I did enjoy some Christmas decor last night. We went to the Tokyo Disney Resort in the evening to enjoy the fireworks (from the ticket queue area of DisneySea) and Sweets Paradise and seasonal merchandise. All lovely! Quite enjoyed the Ikspiari decorations, especially once we figured out that ringing the wishing bell is what made the tree have a light show and play a song (sometimes a Disney song, as in the video, sometimes a Christmas song). Delightful!

Anyway, how much do I love that I live where I can just randomly decide to hang around the Disney resort for the evening? SO MUCH LOVE. Hopefully I'll get to enjoy the actual parks for the Christmas season, but it was pretty nice just hanging out in the general vicinity for a while.

In non-Christmas news, exciting Osaka trip in a couple weeks! To see Wicked! CANNOT WAIT.

4 comments:

  1. OK, I am officially a dork (but you knew that already) - I teared up when I watched the video!! I already thought that tree was awesome, but the fact that it has a light show and music makes it even more awesome!! Oh to be able to hang out at Disney . . . sigh!!

    "Wicked" - yay!! I bet you will be "defying gravity" in your excitement to get to Osaka!! What do you think?! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun! Very cute photo of you ringing the bell, by the way! I hope your wish comes true!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Little Blonde Girl18 November, 2010 21:03

    Did you wish that your cousins would join you once again in Japan? Because I would love it if that came true. :) I'm so glad the HO-liday decorations are so lovely at Tokyo Disney Resort!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mum, when I took that video, I totally told Andrew, "My mother will cry when she watches this."

    And I wish everyone could visit and re-visit me in Japan!

    ReplyDelete