Sunday, September 4, 2011

summer days, driftin' away

Wow, I'm super non-updatey this summer. I haven't really done much though! It's been hot and humid and miserable for months. Do not enjoy. Hopefully things will start to get better now that it's September.

Anyway. Enjoy the delicious tropical drink picture. I don't remember what it was. Pineapple, strawberry, rum, other stuff? Delicious though! It's from this Hawaiian restaurant I've been to a couple times this summer. Love their decor, their random dancing ladies, their drinks, and their food!

Last month I did the most Japanese thing ever when I participated in an awa odori thing (not the big festival mentioned in the article). It was hot and exhausting, but so much fun! We walked around the parade route (but a special kind of walking) for probably two hours and then had a ten-minute group dance at the end. There was a costume, people paid loads of attention to us, and I got to shout a lot in Japanese. Super fun times!

Last weekend my friend's band had a gig, so I went to that. Also super fun times! There were a bunch of groups playing (and some dance groups). We participated in a bit of moshing, Japanese style (much more polite than moshing elsewhere).

And tonight going to another friend's gig, this one most likely not involving moshing as it's jazz. Might involve dancing though, and will definitely involve pub food and cider.

At the end of the month I'm going to Seoul for a couple days, so I'll actually have something to talk about soon!

4 comments:

  1. That drink looks delicious! Wish I could be there to enjoy one with you! :)

    Your trip to Seoul sounds exciting too! Can't wait to hear all about it! :)

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, how did I miss this post??!! I can't believe that I haven't looked in 6 days - that is very strange. Anyway, I still love the looks of that drink - it must have been so yummy, and it definitely was very pretty!!

    Japanese style moshing? You didn't tell me about that!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Little Blonde Girl13 September, 2011 13:19

    The parade sounds fun, but perhaps not as colorful and entertaining as the Pride Parade we walked in with you during Japan Cousin Extravaganza last summer!

    I am so excited you are traveling to Seoul at the end of the month! Can't wait to hear about that epicness. Right now, I am living vicariously through your travels, so will eagerly await your post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, yeah, my parade was lacking in insane drag queens and rainbow flags. If only they were combined, now that would be one epic parade.

    ReplyDelete