Monday, April 6, 2009

Yebisu Garden Place

When I first started this blog, I totally considered posting pictures like this for the first few entries, just to weird people out. Like, "Today I went to Shibuya! Here are some pictures!" and then three pictures of the ground. But I decided against it.

But! I actually like taking pictures of the ground. I have all these pictures from Disneyland that are just of the ground all over the park, and I can tell you exactly where I took each of them. So...

After I went to Ueno Park on Sunday, I stopped in Ebisu on the way home, just to look around. Here’s a picture from Yebisu Garden Place!

Before I went home, I stopped at Kinokuniya in Shinjuku (this having to wait for internet has made me use up my reading material faster than I’d planned, and I needed to buy a couple new books), and on my way back to the station, it suddenly hit me that I LIVE IN TOKYO. Like I said before, it felt comfortable here right away, but even with settling in at work and in my apartment, I guess it still felt a bit like a vacation. And although I never really went into culture shock, obviously things felt foreign. But now they just feel normal. I was cleaning my place the other day, and I found the couple dollars I had in my purse in case I needed to buy something from the airport before I left the US. And it’s not like it looked like fake money or anything, but for just a second it looked totally weird to me.

I’ve been here for a month now. It feels like I’ve been here forever, and it feels like I just got here.

1 comment:

  1. Love the pavement!! My first thought was "Disneyland, and then I thought, "Bag End"!! And, yes, you do "LIVE IN TOKYO" - how about that?!

    Mum :-)

    ReplyDelete