Monday, June 28, 2010

ZEDtastic!

This blog has been rather Disneycentric lately. But life has been pretty Disneycentric lately, so I feel it's a true reflection!

Anyway, the original plan for this weekend was to go to Osaka, but that had to be postponed, so we went to the Tokyo Disney Resort instead. But not to a park! We went to see our local Cirque du Soleil show, ZED. I've been meaning to go for ages but never got around to it and am so happy I've finally gone. It was amaaaaazing. Lots of aerial stuff and some fire and a set that I pretty much want to model my home after . Stars! Giant cogs! Magical floor of mystery (sometimes it's solid! sometimes it spins! sometimes it's a trampoline!)! Afterwards, we had a Cirque-inspired photoshoot. Then we paid visits to the Ambassador Hotel (art deco style) and Disneyland Hotel (Victorian style) and did some shopping and had dinner at the Rainforest Cafe in Ikspiari. It was lovely; even though we didn't visit a park, I felt all Disney-happy.

Today I'm not sure where my wanderings will take me, but I suspect a burrito will be involved at some point.

And next weekend I'm going to Disneyland.

Please enjoy Mickey and me at the Ambassador, some flowers , the Cirque theatre, our reflection on the Cirque theatre (and DisneySea in the background), and a light at the Ambassador.


3 comments:

  1. The Little Blonde Girl27 June, 2010 22:46

    That's awesome that there's a Cirque show in Tokyo - this makes the second Cirque show you've seen? I'm sure it was amazing - I'm amazing at the acrobatics and athleticism in each show I see!

    And you're going to Disneyland again tomorrow?! Holy dang, woman! Hopefully you won't be sick of it by the time we get there in a few weeks! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, second Cirque experience! It was really really lovely. So impressive. There might actually be a special deal while you're here where you can get a combination park/Cirque ticket for a really reasonable price, if you're interested in seeing it. Not sure of the details though!

    And, yeah, Disneyland again next weekend, but with different friends than the past few times. That'll probably be the last visit before you get here, but we'll see. I'm in no danger of getting sick of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaahhh, Disney in any form is so awesome!! I don't imagine you could ever be sick of it - I sure wouldn't be!! I am going to use your pic of the flowers for a desktop - so pretty!! That is sure an interesting building that the Cirque show is in, and I do like your reflections in it!! :-)

    ReplyDelete