Monday, July 12, 2010

totally not sick of it yet

I spent my 4th of July at Disneyland! It was not very American though; the Tanabata festival was on July 7th, and that was being celebrated. We wrote our wishes and tied them to "bamboo" (less like bamboo, more like metal poles). It was lovely! I like when Tokyo Disneyland has an overlay that is appropriate for Japan instead of something like, say, Easter Wonderland.

Anyway, it was a fun day! The weather was kind of horrible - freakishly hot and humid and then rainy - but I think that kept the crowds down. We were able to enjoy every mountain twice (Splash, Space, and Thunder)! And Pirates twice. And AstroBlasters, Pinocchio, teacups, carousel, Small World, Star Tours, and Haunted Mansion once. And I did not enjoy Snow White's (TERRIFYING) Adventures (I might have screamed). Super productive day!

I ate a honey lemon churro and a salad and french fries and passion fruit shaved ice (in a souvenir cup) and an orange popsicle and crab and mozzarella pizza and cream puffs. Delish.

Probably this was the last Disney trip until August during Tokyo Cousin Extravaganza. I've gone so often lately! Can I survive a Disneyless month? I had a hard enough time this weekend! Sunday came and I was, like, "WHAT DO I DO?!" I ended up wandering around Tokyo aimlessly and eventually buying a Spanish textbook. Today was a bit less random; I saw Toy Story 3. And bawled. Which is apparently an issue when combined with 3D glasses. They got all steamed up! And filled with water as they collected my tears! It was kind of a mess. Loved the movie though!

4 comments:

  1. I like the idea of making wishes!! You should have posted that picture you took of your wish!! Crab and mozzarella pizza, and cream puffs too?! YUM!! I don't know how you will be able to wait for August to go back to D'land though!! It will be hard work!!

    Your 3D glasses filled with your tears? Wow!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Added a picture! My computer was going to die any second when I was posting this entry, so I didn't want to add a pic then unless it took too much time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! I like this picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Little Blonde Girl20 July, 2010 22:19

    FINALLY got around to reading your blog, and I loved the part where you mention Snow White's TERRIFYING Adventures. True that. I still am too afraid to go on that ride! Went a few years ago and screamed my way through (no exaggeration!). I seriously cannot wait to go there with you...just about three weeks until we go now. HOORAY!

    The pic of the Mickey wishes was lovely - what a neat idea. I wish they would do that at Disneyland - so you could write your wish for the day. I think that's neat!

    ReplyDelete