Monday, January 31, 2011

Happy (Rather Belated) New Year!

Sorry I've been terrible about updating lately! My New Year's vacation and January just went by so quickly!

I started the year at Meiji Jingu. Do not recommend! It was crazy with people, and we were so far away we couldn't see anything, and the group got separated which ended up leaving me on my own for a long time. Panic attack! The rest of my New Year's holiday was nicer. Shopping, hanging out with friends, traveling to Matsumoto, going to Ueno Zoo. It was so difficult when it was time to go back to work!

Then, like, two days after getting back to work, I got food poisoning. I was over the being sick part in a day, but the effort of being so sick just killed me for, like, a week. And then I caught a cold. I had absolutely no energy. Not great times!

It's been cold this month! Still, I've gone out for a couple long walks. To Takadanobaba last weekend and then just a lot of random wandering about yesterday. But mostly I've been trying to keep warm. And I've had some good food and nice hanging out times. And I bought a new iPod nano and nice new headphones that have been my near constant companions the past couple weeks. And of course I've gone to karaoke a few times.

Enjoy a random selection of pictures from the past month or so. Matsumoto Castle to start. It's unusual because it's black! Then, a random Tokyo view of city and train tracks, Omotesando Hills, some cups at a bar in Omotesando Hills, crowd control at Meiji Jingu, Mt. Fuji from our train to Matsumoto, some lovely English in Matsumoto, bunnies at Ueno Zoo (it is the year of the rabbit, after all), and Tokyo Tower from below.




3 comments:

  1. Yay - finally another blog entry!! I love, love, love the castle picture - so nice with the swan swimming by!! Actually, I have been using the picture of the cups as my desktop background since you posted it on Facebook!! It is so artistic!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, that's my desktop too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Little Blonde Girl08 February, 2011 18:18

    Matsumoto Castle reminds me of a Bowser castle from Super Mario Bros 3!!! All your pics were quite lovely, and the bunnies cho kawaii. I've missed your blog postings so I'm glad to see you back on here! :)

    ReplyDelete