Sunday, January 31, 2010

30 Seconds: Shinjuku Station

Last night I went to Shinjuku ni-chome for dancing times! It was fantastic. Shinjuku ni-chome is the gayest place in the world. Seriously! It has the highest concentration of gay bars of anywhere in the world!

My life lately is work during the week and then food, drinks, and karaoke with friends on the weekends. It's been rather fun, but not really much to post about. Although speaking of karaoke, karaoke song suggestions would be welcome. Sometimes I sing something new, but sometimes I can't think of anything or can't find what I want, so I just end up singing the same things every time.

Anyway, in lieu of having anything interesting to talk about, I thought I'd start a new thing that maybe I will continue to do every once in a while in future. Enjoy 30 (okay, actually 40) seconds of random Japanness. Last Monday night, outside Shinjuku station. I think the guy in the chef's hat is amaaaaazing.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, those guys are good - made me wish I could have heard more!! I wonder why the chef's hat? Amazing and very strange at the same time I think. OK - karaoke suggestions - hmmm. How about "In-a-ga-da-da-vida"??!! :-) Or, I wonder if you could find anything from "Wicked". Or, how about "Spamalot", "Sweeney Todd", or "The Producers"? Anything from those would be fun!! I bet you have already thought of all those though. Oh, well!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the dude in the chef's hat is awesome, but what about the hip-swinging gyrations of the dude with the trombone? Yow!!!

    Anything Queen is, of course, karaoke-worthy. Fat bottomed girls is always a good one. Also - Tequila by the Champs - all you need to know is ONE WORD. How much better does it get? I also LOVE singing to Journey, Bon Jovi, Cindy Lauper (Girls DO just wanna have fun!), and Madonna. Now the next 30-second video BETTER be you karaoke-ing to some amazing song!!! :)

    ReplyDelete