Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

Happy 2010!

I ended 2009 with a visit to Senso-ji in Asakusa where we prayed our last prayers of the year. Then there was some amazingly energetic karaoke!

I started 2010 with festivities at Zojo-ji (the temple my friend and I visited a couple days ago) and a spectacular view of Tokyo Tower and friends old and very new! Ended the night at an izakaya in Shinjuku before heading home (all night trains! amazing!). I couldn't have dreamed of a more enjoyable New Year's celebration!

I hope your New Year's was or will be just as much fun!

Please enjoy this video of the countdown!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the wonderful video!! Love the countdown, the amazing lights, the thousands of balloons, the sound of the crowd - made me feel like I was there!! Happy New Year!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto to what Emmy said. :-)

    Be-Ba

    ReplyDelete
  3. FUN! What's cool is that they showed a highlight of New Year's in Tokyo when I was watching Dick Clark's New Years Rockin' Eve last night, and I thought "my cousin is there!!" In fact, I even said it out loud to the friends I was with. :)

    How did the crowd know when to start counting? From what I could tell, there wasn't a countdown on the tower itself - perhaps there was a countdown timer somewhere else that people were watching?

    Super fun vid, though - especially when the balloons were released. A little sad that you didn't yell "OH MY TERRY RYAN HAPPY NEW YEAR" for me. ;)

    ReplyDelete