Tuesday, July 28, 2009

International Flavor

On Saturday night, I had Indian food after work. It was delish.

On Sunday, I made some Thai curry.

On Monday, we went to Yokohama's Chinatown for dim sum. Ordered a ton of things because it was set price all-you-can-eat. So much food. Perhaps unwisely, got bubble tea almost immediately after we left, and after finishing that, felt crazy full. We decided to walk it off and head over to the Minato Mirai area. Notice the blue sky in the picture of the ship. Notice the scary sky in the picture with the buildings and ferris wheel. About five seconds after taking those pictures, it started sprinkling a little. Less than ten minutes later and we'd been forced to purchase umbrellas and were caught in this crazy huge downpour. Got totally drenched. Hung out at Starbucks for a long while and dried off a little, then went shopping (I got a super on sale sweater at Gap - ¥1900 down from ¥8800). When we came out of the mall, there was a rainbow. It was lovely!

Saw a couple great things while shopping. Popples and Angelina Ballerina bento boxes! They were not cheap, but I'm kind of sad I didn't buy them now. I should be able to find them again easily enough, but still. Popples! Angelina Ballerina! My '80s childhood is all over the place here; there is way too much nostalgia everywhere just begging me to buy it. Popples merchandise is pretty common, but it was my first time seeing Angelina Ballerina. It made me happy.

After Yokohama, we headed back Tokyo-way and went to Naka-Meguro for Mexican food. Got cheese enchiladas, which were better than I expected. However, the rice and beans that came with them left a lot to be desired. They had, like, literally no flavor. I tried mixing a bunch of salsa into them, but it was like their lack of flavor sucked all the flavor out of that too because it did not help at all. My mojito was A+ though.

2 comments:

  1. You sure did have a crazy international menu over the weekend. Sounds yummy!! What a pretty rainbow - good thing you could hang out at Starbucks while it was raining (even if you were already drenched). Popples and Angelina Ballerina bento boxes?! Wow!! You really might have to find them again, and buy at least one of them!! Fun stuff!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm your menu sounds fantastic. And I give you two thumbs up for your mojito - ALWAYS a good idea, especially in the summer. Most important - POPPLES?! ANGELINA BALLERINA?! Go back and buy them!!!!!!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete