Monday, July 20, 2009

Takao-san, Take Two

Oops, no updating in a while (except for that little one I just did). I didn't realize it had been quite so long - sorry! I've been busy! But at the same time, not busy with anything really interesting enough to post about. Or it's, like, work-related, so I don't want to. I will make more of an effort in future, even if I haven't done anything interesting.

Anyway, yesterday I hiked Takao-san again. Different trail than before which was much less steep than the one we took last time (we came down that one though) and also had more nature. It was lovely. Made it to the top this time, huzzah! It was gross and hot and humid for a while, but once we got higher, it cooled off a lot and was way less humid. And it was, like, really nice to breathe fresh air. First time I've felt comfortable outside since, like, May. GLORIOUS.

Got hot again on the way down though and felt super gross by the time I got home. Felt much better after a coolish shower.

First picture is of the view from the top. The next four are random nature, a flower, that weird geta thing again (more shoes than last time!), and some tiny crabs (for eating!).




On our way home, we got off at Takahatafudo and went to the temple there. Please enjoy pictures of a statue of some random dude, some people doing karate and a Buddhist graveyard.

It occurs to me that I have posted a lot of pictures of places I've gone. Lots of nature and shrines and temples! And, like, it's not that they don't give you an accurate picture of Japan - they're certainly a very important part of the culture here - but they maybe don't give an accurate picture of my life in Tokyo (I mean, although I might like to go to temples and shrines and mountains every day, mostly I go to, like, malls and restaurants and the grocery store). I will endeavor to take pictures of things I see more often (and my apartment, I know, I know - I need to clean).

One more post coming tonight!

4 comments:

  1. The picture from the top is gorgeous!! It kind of reminds me of those "sand" pictures we were doing on the computer. Love the other pics too - did you eat one of those crabs?! And, it was very interesting reading about that random dude!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures! I especially like the one of the crabs!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the Toshizo statue! He looks super intimidating, all warrior-esque. Fun hike - glad you were able to get cool for a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did not eat one of the crabs! I think they, like, fried them or something and you were supposed to just eat it whole. Yeah, I had some mango ice cream instead.

    ReplyDelete