Thursday, August 13, 2009

Fireworks!

Fireworks! We enjoyed them by the Tama River last night in Seiseki-Sakuragaoka (not close to where I live - it's on the way to Takao-san). And I could wear my new yukata, yay. It's grapetastic. The weather was really nice; it was a little too warm when we were on our way to the festival, but once it got dark out, it cooled off a lot and there was a breeze. Lovely!

And it was nice to relax and eat watermelon and see everyone looking so pretty in their yukatas and watch fireworks. It was my first time to use the fireworks setting on my camera, and it worked better than I expected. So please enjoy the fireworks pics (and video)! And the one of me enjoying my daily bubble tea (mango tea) and crepe (strawberries and whipped cream, and I longed for the lemony one from the day before the whole time I was eating it).

I have no plan for today. Might go buy a book or two and find somewhere to just chill and read. And obviously I'll have to find bubble tea and a crepe (maybe a savory one this time). But we'll see what happens!





6 comments:

  1. Super pics and video of the fireworks. Sure looks like you are enjoying yourself and that is a cute looking yukata. Great adventure, Jen. Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohhh, aaahhh!!! Love the fireworks - especially the video and the happy face!! The fireworks setting worked great, and you did an excellent job of following them too!! And, you are looking very lovely in your yukata and matching headband, "Bubble Tea Girl"!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen ~ Thanks for posting the awesome pics! I am so enjoying your writings and pics. You are beautiful in your new yukata. Enjoy the remainder of your vacation. ~ Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful yukata! And, the fireworks pics (especially the video) are fantastic. To think I am viewing a fireworks display that took place so far from here just boggles my mind.
    Beba

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome fireworks photos! You look cute in your yukata!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, I love that people ooh-ing and aah-ing over fireworks sounds the same in every country! Your yukata is definitely grapetastic! I want to steal your headband. LOVE IT.

    ReplyDelete