Saturday, August 15, 2009

Yo, Yoyogi! Ha, Harajuku! Ta, Takao-san!

On Friday, I went to Meiji Jingu - I visited during Golden Week, so I didn't really take pictures there. But we hung around in Yoyogi for a little while (and went to Starbucks) before walking to the shrine, and I took some pictures there. I've only really changed trains there before (at least before this week, when I've found myself actually walking around there twice), so it's not an area I hang out in, but it's close to areas I do hang out in and it does look pretty typical for Tokyo. So, you know, this is the kind of view I get lots of places I go.

After visiting the shrine, obviously had to go next door to Harajuku for a crepe (the lemon kind I had the other day) and bubble tea (mango milk). Then walked to Shinjuku for karaoke and then came home for dinner at Yayoiken. Very nice day!

Today we went hiking at Takao-san. It was super easy after Fuji-san! Even the bit with stairs, which I whined about a lot last time we were there, was okay! It was great! I want to try to go more often. It feels so healthy to be able to go there and breathe fresh air.

Alas, I saw neither bubble tea nor crepes on Takao-san, so the chain has possibly been broken. All hope is not lost though; I'll check at the conbini in a little bit to see if they have any.

Enjoy pics of the area around Yoyogi Station! And also our Mango Passion Tea and Lemon Green Tea Frappuccinos! And the display case at my favorite crepe stand in Harajuku!



2 comments:

  1. Wow, those crepes look like floral bouquets!! Yum!! It is so clean around Yoyogi Station isn't it? How refreshing!! And, the Mango Passion Tea and Lemon Green Tea Frap look sooooo good - I want one!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, yum, get me some! Fraps AND crepes!!! YUMMMMMMM.

    ReplyDelete