Friday, August 21, 2009

A Most Unusual Happening

When I got on the subway yesterday, everyone in the car I went into got off at my station, and I had the car to myself until the next stop. Crazy! I normally don't want to whip out my camera on the subway, but since no one was there to think me weird for doing so, I took the chance to snap a pic. Just in case you care to see my most usual form of transportation (I prefer the train to the subway, but most of the time the subway is more convenient for me).

Speaking of work, I am back to it this week. It was hard to go back on Tuesday because I was still in the I-want-to-relax vacation mindset, but once I got back into the swing of things, it was okay. Week went by as fast as it usually does and now it's hard to believe it's already Friday night! Only one more day of work before the weekend!

4 comments:

  1. How very strange!! Was it a little creepy being alone? I am amazed at how clean everything is. It is so different from pics I have seen of subway cars in other big cities - usually they look quite dirty. Japan is just a clean place - very refreshing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very cool pic! Somehow this reminds me of "V for Vendetta," which makes me warn you: beware of people in scary masks in subway stations. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you remember to wear your deodorant that day? Haha... just kidding! My impression was the same as your Mom's i.e. it looks VERY CLEAN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Japan is indeed SUPER CLEAN. It was shocking when I first came, but now I don't really notice how almost everywhere you go is clean.

    Sometimes the trains are a little old, but they just look used, not dirty. The only time I've been on a really dirty train was one time when I was on the last train home and some drunk guy had puked all over a bench. It was super gross.

    ReplyDelete