Monday, December 7, 2009

Christmas Fantasy 2009!

Yesterday I went to Disneyland! This was, of course, exciting. Going to Disneyland is always exciting! But it was even more exciting because it is all decorated for the holidays! Christmas Fantasy 2009! Lovely! As for things that have a Christmas overlay, I particularly enjoyed the Haunted Mansion, since it's all Nightmare Before Christmasy (I've been to this in California before) and It's a Small World Very Merry Holidays (which I'd never seen before). Festive!

As for things that don't have a Christmas overlay and should, here is my top three list:

1. Snow White's Adventures. The Tokyo version of this ride is terrifying. I might have screamed once because the witch suddenly appeared and actually scared me. It doesn't even have a happy ending; she appears to kill you with a giant rock at the end. Festive Christmas cheer would greatly improve this. The skeletons in the dungeon could be wearing Santa hats! There could be holiday music! The witch could offer you a present instead of a poison apple!

2. Space Mountain. You could be in Santa's sleigh, hurtling through space on his journey to deliver toys to all the world's children!

3. Star Tours. Yeah, I just want to see R2-D2 in a Santa hat.

Anyway, Disneyland was also lovely because the weather was nice (at least until it got dark when it got super cold) and I got to eat churros, watch the Electrical Parade, go on all my favorite rides, and enjoy Disneyland with my Disney-crazy friend. Fantastic!







3 comments:

  1. I think that warning should go on ALL versions of the Snow White ride, because it is SCARY. I know I screamed my way through the ride the last time I was there, and I was 24 years old at the time. Still ridiculously scary as an adult. And I would NEVER take anything from a live(!) witch that jumps out at you, present or not. Just saying.

    Aside from my commentary on that ride, Tokyo Disney at Christmas was very lovely! Nightmare Before Christmas Haunted Mansion of course wonderful, and the decorated Castle super pretty. Whose castle is it in Tokyo - Cinderella? Sleeping Beauty? Other princess?

    What's the deal with the menu board? Is that where you got your lunch? It was most interesting, in any case.

    And finally, I, too, would LOVE to see R2-D2 in a Santa hat. Just the thought put a huge smile on my face!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you - all of these pics you posted make me very happy!! I especially love the pumpkin tree, the Santa hat on the Small World clock, and the castle at dusk (that one is gorgeous)!! Your suggestions for Christmas versions of rides was perfect - I would like to see them that way too!! I would have one other wish though - C3PO would look very dapper in a Santa hat as well - what do you think?! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Tokyo castle is Cinderella's castle, like in Florida. It's super super pretty!

    And the menu board is from where we got our lunch. Just thought it was interesting to show what Disney food is like in Tokyo!

    And, yes, Mum, C3P0 should definitely also sport a Santa hat. Or possibly some reindeer antlers.

    ReplyDelete