Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving is not particularly my favorite holiday. Like, the Macy's parade is great. But mostly Thanksgiving is just, like, the sign that I can start celebrating Christmas.

This year's was nice though! I mean, I didn't get the day off like I would have in the States, but I had a pretty nice day at work and then got to spend time after work with good friends and good food. We went to one of my favorite restaurants and had delicious Indian food. Nothing says Thanksgiving like sag paneer and garlic naan!

This year I am thankful that I have had the opportunity to meet so many amazing new friends, that I live in the best place in the world, that I found the softest blanket ever in Passport the other day, that I don't have to drive, that delicious Indian food is about a ten-minute walk from home, and that I live close to Disney magic.

Please enjoy some fall colors in Hikarigaoka Park, Christmas art and decorations in Shinjuku, and a picture of my most excellent Thanksgiving dinner!





3 comments:

  1. Great pics, as usual. Sounds like you had a nice Thanksgiving. That's good. We all have a lot to be thankful for. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Fall colors, of course. That naan is crazy huge - bet it was yummy!! My favorite of the Christmas decoration pics is the one of all the lights in the trees - very pretty!! This year I am thankful that, even though you are so far away, you are safe, and having an amazing time (and adventure) in Japan!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would actually trade in the traditional Thanksgiving dinner for an Indian food dinner. Hands down. Wouldn't even have to think about it. I love me some Indian food!

    I am thankful that you are my most awesome cousin, and I get to live your life in Japan vicariously through your fantastic blog entries! :) Miss you! Xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete