Tuesday, March 3, 2009

お早よう

I leave on Thursday for Japan! I heard from a couple people I will be working with there and that, combined with the panic of getting everything done, made it finally sink in that I'm really going. I'm getting kind of ridiculously excited, although I wish I had an extra day just so I could make sure I'm super rested before I leave. Being temporarily unemployed is nice, but I have been non-stop busy since I left work. I visited DC for a few days, was in Seattle (and Anacortes) for a week to get my visa, and have been packing up and saying goodbye and panicking about getting everything done since getting home. I still have a lot to do today, but at least it finally feels like I'm at the point where the end is in sight.

At the moment, I'm trying to convince myself to get out of bed. When I was still working, only a little over two weeks ago, I would already be at work at this time, but now I can't even imagine being up earlier than this. I'm looking forward to my new schedule in Japan. I'll be working afternoons and evenings for the most part, so I will get to experience morning the way it should be experienced, by sleeping through it. But right now I have a ton of stuff to do, so I should get up.

But maybe I can stay for a few more minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment