Monday, March 30, 2009

Yo, Yokohama!

Still working on that internet thing. Japan makes you learn patience.

Went to Yokohama yesterday with my friend Rose. It was awesomeness. We explored the bay area and rode the world's fastest elevator to the 69th floor of Japan's tallest building and saw the totally amazing view (even if it was too hazy for Fuji-san - just an excuse to go back). Yokohama has a lot of really interesting art and maritime stuff that we didn't have time to see. Another day, definitely!

Later, we went to China Town and wandered around and, most importantly, ate spicy food. Delicious! Japanese food, although super fantastic, is lacking in spice, and I have been missing it. So it was thrilling to get Chinese food that made my nose run with its spiciness.

It was a fun day, and the weather was gorgeous. Perfect day for an outing!

One thing I've noticed about Japan (there are many things, obviously, and when I actually have internet at home and the time to talk about them, I will) is that it is so relaxed here. Time moves slower. You see people rushing for trains, but that's about it for being in a hurry. You take your time here. It's so different from what I'm used to back in the States. It feels strange that I'm in one of the most ridiculously huge, busiest places in the world, and I am learning to slow down, to appreciate, to relax.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pics, coz. I love that even in Japan, you can find Chinatown...I'm not sure if there's a major in the Pacific Rim that doesn't have one.

    ReplyDelete