Saturday, March 21, 2009

Hikawa Shrine, Omiya

In my (tiny, but comfortable) apartment now, but still without internet. I am working on it! Coming to you today from an internet cafe in Ikebukuro.

Here are some pictures from my very first weekend in Japan. I was staying in Omiya, and we walked over to the shrine there on our first day off (and then went shopping). It was so peaceful and relaxing!

I meant to go back before I left Omiya, but I never did. But! I might have to go back to Omiya at some point for more training for work, so I will be sure to visit the shrine again if that happens.

I really love how Japan has such a mixture of the modern and the traditional. I like that I can visit a shrine and then, like, ten minutes later I can be in a crazy huge department store or on a train to Shinjuku or drinking bubble tea and doing purikura (photo booth).

Anyway, I enjoyed my time in Omiya. Not a bad place at all to start my Japanese adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment