Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Kamakura, Part Three!

On Monday I planned to hang out in a few places around Tokyo with a friend, but she decided to stay home for r&r instead. I thought about just hanging around a few random Tokyo places on my own, and I got on the train with a vague idea of hopping on the Yamanote Line and just jumping off wherever.

Instead, I ended up in Kamakura again. I really didn’t mean to go! My feet just took me to that train instead of the one I intended to get on!

It was lovely again. It was a bit later in the day than when we got there the day before, so I didn’t have so much time (the sites of Kita-Kamakura will have to wait for yet another day), but I visited the Daibutsu and enjoyed the beach for a while and shopped and had a delicious garlic shrimp plate (and mango juice, yum) for dinner. I went down the coast a bit again and found a beach in Chigasaki and enjoyed that until it started getting too dark, and then I headed home. A very relaxing day!

Enjoy the pictures of my dinner and a random sign at the temple and the Daibutsu. I know I took a ton of pics the first time I visited, but I still took a ton more on Monday. I could not help it! He is very photogenic!


3 comments:

  1. Very handsome Daibutsu - nice thought on the sign - yummy looking dinner - and, is that a new purse I see? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well spotted! Thanks, Disney Store in Shibuya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute purse! And yum - your dinner looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete