Sunday, September 13, 2009

All Mixed Up (for Aunt Lisa)

Subway stations are not usually as empty as the one in this picture, but I took it pretty late at night. And there were people, just not where I was. Anyway, seems a fitting picture to post as I answer questions about my commute!

Do you always take the same subway to work or do you mix it up?
Same subway line - only one goes to where I work - but I don't always go at the same time. Depends on if I'm running late or if I want to get there early to grab a doughnut or coffee or something before work!

Do you try to sit in the same car or do you mix it up?
Same car, just so that I end up right by the escalator when I get to my stop.

Do you see the same local people coming & going in your commute?
Occasionally. I see a lot of the same people when I'm walking to the station on my way to work, but not so many familiar people actually on the train. It seems like at night I see more familiar faces on the train. Don't know why that is!

Do you ever speak with them?
Never. It's just not really done. People keep to themselves here, and especially so on the train. Anyway, on the way home at least I'm usually with co-workers and talking to them.

What flavor of toothpaste is in your bathroom?
Aquafresh. I don't really like it, but it was a toothpaste I recognized, and I'm scared of toothpaste here. Some brands have sugar in them (to make them more delicious so kids will want to brush their teeth...nevermind that it just seems like you're asking for cavities).

When you drink sake do you get all mixed up?
I like sake, but I don't usually drink so much of it to get all mixed up. But I've certainly witnessed other people getting all mixed up from it!

3 comments:

  1. That empty station goes along with your pic of the empty car. Could be Twilight Zone or something! Very eerie! Aquafresh?! You have never liked Aquafresh. Don't forget to brush after sake though!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And once again, the subway shot reminds me of "V for Vendetta." SUGAR in toothpaste?! Isn't that illegal or something??

    When you're riding the subway with your coworkers I'm assuming you talk with them...so it's not like talking in general is taboo, but more of the talking-with-strangers bit. Right? Do people talk on their cell phones while on the subway, or is that frowned upon?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, the talking with strangers bit is the unusual thing.

    Talking on cell phones on the subway or train is viewed as being INCREDIBLY RUDE. The occasional person does it, but everyone around them just glares daggers at them. People who talk on their phone on the train is, like, everyone's biggest pet peeve here.

    ReplyDelete